VOLUNTEERS, WE NEED YOU!
Volunteers are vital to the success of any event. Many volunteers take on tasks for years, some would now like to step down, some tasks need additional help. Many tasks are taken on by board members and there simply is not enough of the board to do it all.
Volunteering is a great way to boost your self esteem, build your professional and personal skills, meet people, and contribute to the community while volunteering at WKA events.
Step up...volunteer your skills and time to make the events even more successful!
WKA needs YOU!
WSIKF (Washington State International Kite Festival)
Volunteers at the WSIKF banquet get their meal free! Who wouldn't want to save eight bucks?!
1. Banquet Raffle, 4 volunteers needed this year to assist Lounny with processing and setting up the banquet raffle items. This involves asking donors as they enter to write their item description and their name on their raffle bags. You would then place raffle items and bags on tables and walls. Ticket drawers are also needed and runners to take items to the winners.
2. Go Green at the Banquet: WKA would like to move towards being greener by reducing, reusing, recycling, and rethinking how club events function. WKA encourages you to consider bringing your own eating plates, cups, and utensils to reduce our garbage. Wouldn't it be easier to eat on a solid plate with regular utensils than on paper with plastic?! Don't worry if you can't bring your own as paper plates, cups, and utensils will still be available.
3. Banquet meal prep, 4 volunteers needed at 3:00 p.m. to assist Scott with cutting bread, assembling salads, putting out food/ condiments/ beverages. After the event, everyone who can stay and help are needed to clean the kitchen, tidy the grange hall, and haul garbage bags to the beach parking lot dumpsters as there are no dumpsters at the Grange Hall.
4. Banquet Grange Hall Setup, 1-2 volunteers needed to arrange tables, chairs, set up the microphone, and to contact the Grange Hall point-of-contact if the restrooms need to be cleaned and/or stocked.
5. WKA booth, 14 volunteers. AKA has offered to share their space with WKA in the red and white tent. Depending on the volunteer response, a sign will be posted stating which days and hours volunteers will be in the tent at the WKA table. Ideally, WKA would like the table staffed Monday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Time slots are flexible. If fewer volunteers sign up, the table would be staffed Wednesday-Saturday with more total hours each day up through Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Duties include talking about and signing up WKA members, and selling WKA products. Accountability for cash box is required.